Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Top Ten Tuesdays: Kimberly’s Beach Reads
Top Ten Tuesday is the weekly meme hosted by the excellent blog The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is beach reads!
Confession time: I hate the beach. It’s sandy and fishy and the beaches were I live are, frankly, kind of gross. If I’m being brutally honest, I don’t like pools either. In fact, I can’t really swim and I haven’t owned a bathing suit in years. Regardless, I love a good beach read. Something fluffy and fun that makes me happy for the time spent reading it.
The books below are divided into two categories: books I have read and recommend, and books I am planning on reading this summer on my imaginary beach. Enjoy!
Beach Reads I Love:
1) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – This remains the YA romance by which I judge all
other YA romances, it’s that perfect. Also, Paris!
2) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith – Another great YA contemporary romance. The whirlwind quality to the romance is perfect for a one-sitting summer read.
3) Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl – I’m actually reading this book right now. It will be my third time reading it in a year. It’s the perfect length and story for a quick pick-me-up.
4) The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot – My favorite chick lit novel, back when chick lit was still a thing. It’s a funny epistolary novel told through a series of emails – my favorite style!
5) Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt – An adorable premise and a colorful cover make this an easy pick for a summer reads list.
Beach Reads on My TBR:
1) To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – I’ve never read a Jenny Han novel before (I know, I know), but I couldn’t resist the premise of this one. I hope it’s great!
2) Open Road Summer by Emery Lord – A debut I’m excited to read. I met Emery Lord at Teen Book Con in April and she was incredibly sweet. Here’s hoping the book is just as charming!
3) On the Fence by Kasie West – This one has been on my list for ages. I’m excited to finally read it!
4) Breakable by Tammara Weber – This won’t be a particularly fluffy read, but I’m excited about seeing the events of the first book in the series (Easy) from Lucas’ point of view.
5) The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgins – An adult romance novel that sounds perfect (no pun intended) for a lazy summer day. I loved the first book in the series (The Best Man), and the plot of this one sounds even better.
What’s in your beach bag this summer?