This is an inexpensive, passive program that engages teens' imaginations
and encourages social media participation.
5 Easy Steps:
|I'm a QR code!|
- Set up a Pinterest profile for your library.
- Create a QR code that links to your Pinterest page. Free QR codes can be created at a number of websites such as QR Stuff or Go QR.
- Print out quarter-sheet fliers advertising the activity. Include the QR code on flier and the instructions for getting approved to pin on specific boards (see below).
- Advertise your program on social media sights and wait for the follows.
- When a teen follows your library's Pinterest board invite them to pin on YA specific boards to create YA lit collages.
Instructions for program flier:
- Follow *Pinterest Profile Name* on Pinterest
- Accept the invitation to pin that *Pinterest Profile Name* will send you
- Pin YA Literature related items to appropriate boards. Note: Pinning of inappropriate materials will result in Pinner's account being blocked and reported.
Don't know how to invite people to pin on a group board? Check out Pinterest's Help page.
- Dystopian Future
- Favorite Teen Reads or Favorite Authors
- Hunger Games
- Mortal Instruments
- Percy Jackson
- Program Ideas/Suggestions
- First Love